Monday 2 May 2016

Be Somebody

I start in the name of God The Most Merciful, The Most Kind.

I came across this on Instagram.

It made me think........

When I was a lot younger I always wanted to be somebody.
In the West we are taught that if you're not, so called, somebody, you will not amount to much in life. We are taught that power, status, wealth, lineage, beauty etc, is the key to life and being somebody. NO! That is not true!
The key to life actually is simplicity.
I'm sure many people will agree that as youngsters they wanted to be something, somebody, whatever you want to call it. 
We all want to feel special in some way.
I think with our our ideas of wanting to be somebody or something, we think it will lead us to being or rather feeling 'special'.
Well at least that was my thought process as a kid (and even sometimes as a so called adult). I think it is many peoples thought process whether they admit it or not.
There were times when I felt like a nobody.
One day I realised that in the eyes of people I may be nobody but God created me and to God I will always be somebody and therefore I am special. Therefore we all are special.
The realisation of this made me feel special. This made me realise how to BE SOMEBODY. This being somebody is not ephemeral (like in this world).
God gifted us with being somebody forever.
The realisation of this is what makes one content in life. Those that don't realise this are at a great loss - They are the nobody

I always wanted to make a mark in the world and do something big. I always thought that making a big difference was important then one day I realised:
"Everyone is trying to accomplish something big, not realising that life is made up of little things." ~ Frank Clark
It is these little things that count in the end.
In the grand scheme of things this so called LIFE, in the end will not matter. None of this will matter.
What will matter is not the matter itself but the soul. The heart. The love. The Peace.

I realised that small and simple actions, for example, a SMILE - making someone feel happy makes the BIG difference.... That's what matters.

I realised that BEING SOMEBODY is when you touch someone's heart and leave a mark. When people remember you and you live forever within their hearts and they pray for you, whether you are aware of it or not, that is the essence of this life. That is what matters.

I opened my eyes one day and realised that God created me and I have been somebody all along I just wasn't aware of it...


I will end this post with these words I came across, not sure who the author is of them (some say it's Steve Jobs):
I reached the pinnacle of success in the business world. In others’ eyes, my life is an epitome of success.
However, aside from work, I have little joy. In the end, wealth is only a fact of life that I am accustomed to.
At this moment, lying on the sick bed and recalling my whole life, I realize that all the recognition and wealth that I took so much pride in, have paled and become meaningless in the face of impending death.
In the darkness, I look at the green lights from the life supporting machines and hear the humming mechanical sounds, I can feel the breath of god, of death drawing closer…
Now I know, when we have accumulated sufficient wealth to last our lifetime, we should pursue other matters that are unrelated to wealth…
Should be something that is more important:
Perhaps relationships, perhaps art, perhaps a dream from younger days

Non-stop pursuing of wealth will only turn a person into a twisted being, just like me.
God gave us the senses to let us feel the love in everyone’s heart, not the illusions brought about by wealth.
The wealth I have won in my life I cannot bring with me. What I can bring is only the memories precipitated by love.
That’s the true riches which will follow you, accompany you, giving you strength and light to go on.
Love can travel a thousand miles. Life has no limit. Go where you want to go. Reach the height you want to reach. It is all in your heart and in your hands.
What is the most expensive bed in the world? The sick bed…
You can employ someone to drive the car for you, make money for you but you cannot have someone to bear the sickness for you.

Material things lost can be found. But there is one thing that can never be found when it is lost – Life.
When a person goes into the operating room, he will realize that there is one book that he has yet to finish reading – the Book of Healthy Life.
Whichever stage in life we are at right now, with time, we will face the day when the curtain comes down.
Treasure Love for your family, love for your spouse, love for your friends.
Treat yourself well. Cherish others.

I found this image on Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment